Wednesday 9 June 2021

Incubus Update #12 - June

Sup bitches. Happy June. Things are starting to open up again where I live, but it's sweltering hot unless it's raining. Still, it looks like Summer might come to resemble a normal one. 

I'm going to be a bit brief with this one - I'm rather tired, but I don't want to put it off for tomorrow because that's what caused me to be over a week late with it in any event. (These are supposed to come out around the 1st of the month.)

Last Month's Goals

1) II - Fix some outstanding bugs in II and release an update. I did not do this. I've fixed several bugs - mostly relating to to the fuck and preg macros - but I was talking about user-reported bugs when I said this. Haven't touched those, so I'm going to renew this one for this month because I really gotta do it and I want to have it done the next time I upload a version for public consumption. 

2) II - Finish 'pregmywife' scenario. Done, it's a 3-part scenario (will probably take two weeks of gameworld time). Took longer than I thought, the reason being I decided it would be funny to add an alternate path for if the player decides to get Typhon involved in the story in part 2, which means part 3 had to involve dialogue choices as a consequence of that. Took extra time, added extra bugs to the scenarios (which I'll hopefully catch most of in my second pass), but also caused me to notice some issues with the preg and fuck macros. 

See, NPCs can fuck and impregnate each other, and the code seems to sufficiently acknowledge this in most ways, but there were a few things here and there that I overlooked. I haven't sorted all of this out, but I got a few things fixed. Hadn't worked on this code in a long while and sometimes it's hard to understand what I was going for.

The funny thing is, one of these bugs I actually want to make a feature. I've mentioned before that when named NPCs become pregnant, the game actually assigns gender, name, race etc to the baby in their wombs based on the parents info. Since you'll be able to have twins, triplets, etc, the babies are stored as items in an array inside the NPC's womb object, and an oversight of mine made it possible to impregnate a woman who was already pregnant, adding another baby to the womb array. 

I think this is a good feature though, and now that it's fixed I'm planning to re-add it! One of the breeding upgrade perks I'm going to make will allow you to impregnate a woman who is already with child but ONLY if all the babies inside her are another man's. I see this like the incubus equivalent cuckoo laying eggs in another bird's nest. It's also technically possible - it's possible (though unlikely) for fraternal twins to have different fathers, and it's also possible (though exceptionally rare) for a pregnant woman to ovulate and become pregnant again. In the game, doing this will expand gestation time (something to the affect of (days left of gestation + normal gestation period)/2). 

I said I'd be brief but I'm being longwinded again.

3) IC - Two existing image mods have received updates. I have done this. Cherry and Zots mods V2 are now available. 



This should have gotten its own post but I was holding off for reasons that aren't interesting enough to disclose.

4) IC - Potentially expand the game based on fan-made scenario document I was given. I haven't done this, though I did say I might not be able to. Renewing this one for this month. 


Other Stuff I Worked On

I've mentioned 'template scenarios' before - events/scenes that use the same code but fill in stuff based on data stored in a database. This doesn't sound interesting, but because of how versatile CUBUS (what I call the linking system I coded for Twine) is, and because of various other things I've built with the good graces of Twine's widget/macro feature, each iteration of the scenario can seem somewhat to completely different from the last. 

The thing I worked on this month is a template template for events that happen while you work certain jobs. One day on a shift at the bar, you might have a belligerent customer, or your boss might be a dick to you, or maybe you get a big tip? Maybe a customer really likes your service and wants to service you back, if you'll join her in the alley out back while on your break? Of course the outcome of each scenario could depend on what skills and stats you have (or don't), what items you're holding, who you've met so far or what you've done. 

The problem with this is that I'm creating something inaccessible in the game because I don't even have a job system in the game. Well, I should remedy that. 


June's Goals

1) II: New Scenario. I said I'd do a new one each month. Possible scenarios I'll do: a) idea I had and started a while back (about a family that's just moved to the island); b) multi-girl single-stage scenario I just had the idea for (in which the player is given the task of being a judge in a contest and having the opportunity to let himself be convinced to hand out better scores to the often desperate contestants; c) maybe just several 'job hunting' seed scenarios which will allow the player to also get a job. 

2) II: Job System. Once there's a job system, I can start hanging content onto them and making scenarios be unlockable based on your progression in them. 

At the start of each day I want you to be able to either explore the world as you can now, or work a shift at a job you've acquired. (What I mean is, you can choose to spend a day or half-day working a job, you don't have to go to the actual location and then choose 'Work a shift' or anything - I mean you could, but the player character knows how to get there so there's no need to slow everything down with extra clicks each day.) The payout for jobs is based on the most relevant stat, most relevant skill, your progression in the job and perhaps other factors, like if you've accepted a promotion. (I don't want to make this sound more complicated than it is, because it's not that complicated.)

A shift might pass without incident, or something might happen and you'll have to deal with it, or benefit from it. I mentioned above and last month of the sort of system I'll use to make these 'incidentals', though stuff that happens in these incidentals could cause other scenarios to launch during shifts. For example, say you work as a lifeguard at the beach, and you spend a lot of it fooling around with a coworker under the pier, it might lead to a story where another coworker sees you and gets jealous and might rat on you to the boss, or some other thing you'd have to deal with. 

Potential basic jobs: bartender, lifeguard, photography assistant, tutor, masseur, genetic technician, security guard, salesperson. 

3) II: Rent System. A corresponding system to charge the player rent and expenses each month. This shouldn't be rocket science. I already have the code for calculating rent of various properties in the game after all, for now I just need something in the game I can build on to later.

4) IC: Add Fan-Made Scenario Maybe. We'll see if I have time. Will at least get started on it. 

5) II: Genetic Enhancement Perks. I have the concept for a lot of these made and some wouldn't be that hard to implement technically. These are perks that would increase your sperm count, dick size, increase likelihood of conceiving twins/triplets/quintuplets, give special properties to your cum when consumed, etc. I don't have a system for buying/gaining them yet; I'm still not sure if they are latent developing properties of your incuban trait, or something cooked up in a lab, or a mix of the two. If I add these, I'll have Gashead (the 'Wape' surrogate in the game) play the part of a back alley genetic engineer for now. 


So Anyway

So anyway, that's what I'll do. Thanks for reading! 

7 comments:

  1. how about the action of abortion fuck.when sex with pregnant woman,mc can select to roughly fuck cause abortion.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's pretty gross, not gonna do that.

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Will pregnancies actually advance in Incubus Island or will the women actually end up birthing the kids you put in them? I noticed the current alpha lets you go down for a week long nap so I'm not sure what kind of timescale the game takes into account. Personally I think it would be neat if the game indicated when a women gave birth then let you knock her up all over again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't intend the timescale to be that large, but nevertheless I've added or plan on adding in features to account for the progress of a pregnancy, including the character's appearance changing at about the halfway point to look pregnant, the character calling you to tell you she's pregnant and asking what to do about it, and then eventually birth and suchlike. So far this is just 'for flavor', just want it in because it makes it feel more meaninngful.

      Delete
  4. Hey dude can you help me with trying to marry the japanese girl and ur sister, I followed the wiki to a letter and still not getting it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete