Friday 23 September 2022

Incubus City v1.15.0 release

Some have asked if I'm still alive and ok, here's confirmation that I am. What I'm posting here is what I expect to be the last significant modification to IC that I do for a while (aside from bugfixes etc). 

I've said those words before, I know. But need to pull together II into something slightly more coherent and easy to play, my time will be even scarcer in the coming months I'd like to have the game feeling fresher and more easy to use before the end of the year. (I probably won't post an update until I have something to show for it, would feel like pointless prattling on my part otherwise.)

What's New - I fiddled around a bit, added a new mod by bigtex, and added some what I guess you'd call 'post game content'. I'm not going to go into detail on it, but one of the additions is that some starts have additional content associated with them. If you look carefully at the start selection screen between games you'll be able to tell which is which. (Elsewhere, people who've already played the game to the point of exhausting it will find something added for them specifically.)

I'm sure there's a few bugs I introduced and a few others I forgot to address, pls let me know if you find any.


v1.15.0 update (full 'installation')

Mega | Files.fm


bigtex mod

Mega

12 comments:

  1. Another great update. Really enjoyed the extra content and the reward for gathering all the tokens :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. When can we expect the wiki to be updated for the 2 (?) new beginnings? Can't really find hints on how to get them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello, found a bug. When starting the game completely fresh, I encounter a "setup.db_starts[$START].fencenick is not defined" error if I meet the midnight fence before getting to the list of starts via getting the first ending. From what I can tell, this is because upon that fresh start the $START variable is null/none, so the indexing fails. I fixed it on my version by adding an if $START statement on line 54029 that checks if $START is null before the setup.db_starts object is indexed. Might be an issue only on my side, but because I found a solution I figured I'd inform you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. im having an error when i meet the midnight fence idk what it is tho

      Delete
  4. anyone else having image issues?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I fixed that, but is the wiki going to be updated for some of the new characters?

      Delete
  5. Is the new content about the baker and the friend written by the same person as the other stuff? It reads like it was written by a completely different person and, if I may be brutally honest, I don't like it at all. The great thing about IC is that it is polished, concise, and brutally straightforward; the new sections are extremely long and rather cliched, not to mention the Incubus in these sections seems nothing like the Incubus in the rest of the game. I'm really confused about why you added it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What do the tokens do once unlocked?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good to know you're still active mate
    played your game a lot before, and came back to check how it was going

    ReplyDelete