Sunday 4 October 2020

Incubus Island Monthly Goal #7 - October 2020

It's not been a good month for me. A bunch of unforseen life circumstances, and I have suddenly become really busy with important stuff that eats into time I'd use working on these projects / uses up the sort of creative energy and computer-sitting-at tolerance I'd otherwise be using on II. I'm  going to be brief here.

September's goals:

1) Create a tally of the scenarios and features so far.
2) Based on the above, finish off and properly integrate features and scenarios. 
3) Do something about the game's intro. 
4) Work on the Photography component. 
5) Make at least 2 more scenarios. 

I have accomplished none of them. I'm not pleased, but that's just how it is. I'm also not pleased that I'm apparently going to be equally or more busy until at least early January. 

Even as I complain, I feel I have to hastily add that I am not worried about paying rent/bills because of all this work I have, and I'm thankful that I'm better off than many people I know. Were I a believer in a higher power I would say something about thanking it for the fortunes it has bestowed upon me in such troubled times. I don't, but the sentiment is still there. 

This brings me to this month, October. As I said, I'll likely be equally or more busy. I'm not just going to reinstate all or even some of the failed goals from last month - I'll get to those in due time, but they're mostly wider-scope projects that aren't really suited to the (likely) small pockets of time I'll have available in October.

October goals:

1) Create the skeleton (as in, baseline functioning without images or full writing) of at least one scenario of the 'pharmacy' character's storyline. I have some writing for her later stuff, but the earlier stuff exists only in my head. I should get it out there in some form. 

2) Revise how fuck/impregnation macros are coded. Right now when you fuck a girl, it gauges the likelihood of impregnation based on your attributes and hers, and if successful starts the pregnancy countdown and inserts a simple piece of data into her 'womb' variable to determine the nature of the baby (hatespawn, lovespawn, etc). I want to have the macro function so that it can allow sex interactions between any two NPCs, not just the player. I also want the lineage of the baby to be preserved, so the game will record the names and races and other attributes of the parents. All of this is unnecessary to the mechanics of the game, but is fun to make, helps with immersion (for me, anyway), and might become useful later.

Furthermore

You might be wondering how this affects my release date of 'before Christmas' or however I put it. I don't think it does. I've come round to thinking it's fine if it's not the perfect representation of the game I intend to make when I release it, that's why it's an 'alpha'. And knowing how my mind works, I've already Decided (note the capital D, indicating that the decision was carved into a great stone tablet in my mind) to do it, so if I don't I'll just feel frustrated from contradicting that decision until I finally do release it. Just the way I am. I'll strip out the more wonky or unfinished stuff and try to enable the less-used but still-there stuff as well.

Regarding Incubus City: There's probably a few issues with IC that need to be patched. Had half a mind to add little silly seasonal content to it but could not for the life of me figure out how to get date checking code (to ensure this content only triggers on Halloween for example) to work accurately, which is a bit embarrassing. 

That's all I  got. 

6 comments:

  1. maybe in a mode,when i start another game,i can play as the child of the
    last game.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's already a way to do that... actually two, but there's one where you reincarnate as your own child and carry over half the stats.

      Delete
  2. How do activate In2 files inside the game?

    ReplyDelete
  3. upon entering the brothel this happened

    <> <> <> The front desk is unattended. So far nobody appears to have noticed the receptionist's absence. <>

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Did you upgrade to the most recent version? There's patches. I think (hope) I fixed that issue.

      Delete