Sunday 18 July 2021

Incubus Update #12 - July


These are supposed to come at the start of the month, but they've crept later and later and this one's a day past the ides of July. I'll try to be more on the ball.

You can probably guess I've been occupied elsewhere. I don't expect to be able to work on either game. There's a good chance this state of affairs will continue until mid August.


June's Goals

1) New Scenario (II) - I worked on a scenario I started about a family that moves in to two rented rooms in the motel you live in while they wait for their house to become available. The teen brother and sister of the family can be befriended. The daughter can be seduced and dated, the brother is a dork who's struggling through school. I've mostly left the parents as blanks for now, but could develop them more later if needed.

When I started this I'd chosen Jesse Jane as the model for the daughter. Revisiting it, it was an asburd choice for a teenage daughter of middle management corpos. I changed the model and the personality of the character. I do intend to use JJ, because she seems like a sex doll magically brought to life and I like the fact she looks stoned in some of her shoots. She also happens to be a perfect match for another character I wanted to make. In my original plan, the daughter had made a friend who her brother had a crush on. In this version, JJ is the friend, but the friend is also has her own storyline that you can explore in time. 

2) Job System and 3) Rent System (II) - Not complete. Didn't start, didn't complete. Though I'd made some content for the events that could happen while you're working a job, the actual system itself is not existent. 

4) Add Fan-Made Scenario (IC) - I worked on this a bit, the scenario's in there (you can even see its corresponding Fate icon in the version I link to below, but it's just not accessible) but I decided to hold off because I know there might be a few other fan scenarios in the pipe, and I want to add a counterpart to the token system for fan-made content. 

5) Genetic Enhancement Perks - I did some of the coding for this. 


Other Stuff I Did

Date Template (II) - In working on the 'family' scenario, I created the startings of a 'dating system'. For each datable character, I'll fill out a set of variables in a db containing content about how the date goes (problems that might occur), reacting to choices, and your character's attributes and whatever. If the date goes well, she'll want another; if it goes great she'll fuck you, and if it goes badly she might not answer your calls anymore. 

If the data isn't filled out, the date will be randomly generated from pre-existing parts. It's very preliminary and what I have created may be overly complex. It'll be easier to know what direction to take it when I have more girls set up on it. 

Potion Mode (IC) - In some games like the old Fallouts, you'd have a 'slideshow' ending system that would have a different ending for each town and faction. I thought I'd try seeing if it was possible to program something more complex, where bigger events' ending are determined, and smaller things downstream from that are affected based on their own conditions as well as whatever happened upstream. 

I don't think I'm explaining this properly, but basically I used the potions in IC (which were added to the game by modder Grim Urzine, if you weren't aware) and the Smith family to experiment with this idea. That was the intent, anyway. How it works is that if you don't fuck any of the Smith daughters after babysitting them, you can go to the kitchen and dose any family member's foods with your alchemical concoctions, and at the end of the game - whichever ending you get - you'll be given a printout of their endings as well. Dose Joy and Amos with the hate potion ('Adrenaline Inducer') and they'll subsequently fight and their relationship will worsten. Doing so would free up either of them for cheating on each other. If you drug Faith with something to make her amorous or horny, she'll fuck her boyfriend Brad, but if you don't, maybe he'll notice Joy's lack of fulfilment and accept her sexual advances. Of course, if you instead dose Joy and Amos in a way that strengthens their relationship, it changes what things are possible that will happen to their daughters. 

I was a fun experiment but because of how wonky it is, I don't think I'll associate any tokens or endings with it. Just a silly thing I put in the game. This will be available in the next version I release; not the one below. 

V1.11.6 - A new version containing bug fixes and Hentai Mod v2. Special thanks to J.Err for help with the hentai mod and for Rhysler who fixed some bugs for me (though not all of his bugfixes are implemented, they will be in time). It shows an extra fate is available - ignore that. 

https://mega.nz/file/zItRkQ6L#O3vlnFaDis_jsIs80Bbvj0JyGlJ6y5Dt_OvBbbUiAdE


July's Goals

We're past halfway through and I'm booked solid for the next week and a half so I'm not likely to get anything done. The main thing I want to do, should I find time, is fix the existing content in II. I noticed while playing around with it that there's content in there that isn't accessible. Some of this is an underlying problem with how I programed it but others are just an issue of re-using pagenumbers so when you're playing as scenario to pushes you to the wrong spot. (The scenarios are built on a 'page' system, go to page 2 if you pick this, go to page 4 if you pick that, etc. Sometimes I set up page 20 to be one path, but then later re-use it for another, so the first page 20 is disregarded.)

Not likely to work on this, as I said. I want to make the thing less ugly and messy, want to release it when the easily fixed broken stuff is fixed, just need to take the time. 

Might be a fan-made scenario added to IC before month's end. That's possible. 

2 comments:

  1. hay atleast you updated us on how its going and those scenes seem juicy cant wait for demo number 2

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're right Jesse Jane is like a sex doll come to life, if you are still looking for someone to fit the "Teen" role how about Skyler Vox?

    ReplyDelete